BandCentral.com officially launched today, offering bands a suite of essential tools that will enable them to take control of their music careers. With BandCentral, artists, managers and labels can organize all the vital business aspects of band life – everything from tours and fan databases, to merchandise and money – enabling them to develop and sustain successful careers.
BandCentral is already being used by thousands of bands, labels and managers, worldwide and changing the way they work for the better.
“There’s real potential here for BandCentral to change the way artists take control of their careers, and I’m certainly keen to see how labels and artists get to grips with it,” said Darren Hemmings, Digital Marketing Manager at PIAS.
What is BandCentral and what does it do?
- BandCentral provides artists and labels with an online “BandHub” where they can organise and manage tours, fan lists, merchandise, finances and more, as well as communicate with all members of the band and entourage in one place.
- Bands can track money coming in and out – from CD, merchandise or ticket sales for example – enabling them to keep on top of their finances in a simple and accessible way.
- BandCentral users can also update their social networks, such as Twitter, Myspace and Facebook, automatically from within their BandHub.
- BandCentral integrates with SoundCloud, allowing bands to share and comment on mixes or works-in-progress with everyone in their entourage.
- Bands have complete control over privacy settings, enabling them to control who in their entourage has access to specific areas of their BandHub.
- BandCentral offers both a free (ad-supported) and premium (£5.99 per month) service. The free service gives bands the basic tools they need to get started, while the premium service enables them to manage every aspect of their music careers online.
“BandCentral is a revelation to me. Instead of using half a dozen different programs and websites, I simply use just one that works for band, manager and all the key people involved in the inner mechanics of making things happen,” explained Danny Sperling, MMF member and manager of Mono Stereo.
Founded in 2009 by Wil Padley, BandCentral is an online management platform for artists, managers and labels. BandCentral provides all the tools they need to communicate with each other, store files and music, merchandise, manage gigs, money, fans and contacts, and everything else associated with their band in one central, secure and instantly accessible place.
BandCentral was a 2010 SXSW Accelerator Finalist, 2010 Midem Lab Finalist, and 2010 Eurosonic Interactive Company of the year runner-up.
Visit their website for more information.